Saturday, November 12, 2005

Sewing for sons, pt. 2

The vintage pattern sites are full of patterns for robes for boys and men, and an occasional shirt, but little else. When I went through my pattern drawer, I found two almost identical patterns. In fact, except for a price increase and and number change, I can't see much different.



Both are size two, so I'm assuming I got the older one perhaps from borrowing some patterns for infants and toddlers from my sister, but forgot, and purchased one. I did make my son an olive colored velour type robe with no buttons and a tie belt.


Although you can't tell much from this photo, my son had a subdural hematoma developing from a fall, which eventually almost closed his eyes from the collecting fluid. We realized why he'd been crying so much when I happened to touch his head and it was "squishy." His mop of curly blond hair had completely hidden the injury. After the swelling was absorbed, he got his first haircut.

No comments: