Friday, November 04, 2005

No photos of the going away dress

This pattern and the gray-blue silk fabric were purchased in Indianapolis for my "going away" dress in 1960. Oh yes, and I also bought a sewing machine, since I needed one to make the dress (still have it). I bought the hat, gloves and shoes to match, but had to take the dress in pieces back to Illinois with me for the final assemblage. I was definitely in over my head on this one. It definitely needed some careful tailoring.



Apparently I have no photographs of me actually wearing it. All I have is this photo of someone probably taking a picture of me in the dress in front of my parents' home. The woman I lived with in Indianapolis, Aunt Marg, is standing next to my mother on the porch.



But I do have a photo taken 40 years later.

1 comment:

'Thought & Humor' said...

You have a riveting web log
and undoubtedly must have
atypical & quiescent potential
for your intended readership.
May I suggest that you do
everything in your power to
honor your encyclopedic/omniscient
Designer/Architect as well
as your revering audience.
As soon as we acknowledge
this Supreme Designer/Architect,
Who has erected the beauteous
fabric of the universe, our minds
must necessarily be ravished with
wonder at this infinite goodness,
wisdom and power.

Please remember to never
restrict anyone's opportunities
for ascertaining uninterrupted
existence for their quintessence.

Best wishes for continued ascendancy,
Dr. Howdy

'Thought & Humor'