Wednesday, November 09, 2005

Keep your eye on Grandpa

My son seems to be keeping an eye on Grandpa in this photo, who was well known for snitching ice cream from the bowls of helpless children. In this photo you see an example of my really crummy drapes. At one point these drapes had a ball fringe in green, but I must have added that later.



Same kitchen about 25 years later at my son's wedding brunch in 1999. By this time, the sewing machine only came out of the closet for special events, and I'd cut these ready-mades in half and sewed a casing for the rods. A carpenter had replaced the windows in the mid-70s. I'm not my mother.



About 80 people came for brunch. The meal was served from the dining room, and the weather cooperated. The wedding cake was set up in the kitchen and the kids changed into their wedding attire for a photo op.

No comments: