Monday, November 14, 2005

Welcome Martha Pullen Readers

Someone on a Martha Pullen Forum mentioned this blog as a good place for memories, and I got about 40 hits from that referral. Since I don't sew much (actually never) anymore, I had no idea who this Martha is. So I looked Martha up and found out she has a TV program on PBS and a very loyal following with lots of interesting stuff on her web site.

"Since 1993, Martha has hosted her own television series. Martha's Sewing Room is an inspirational and informative program which teaches various sewing techniques. Each show contains segments on heirloom sewing, hand embroidery, silk ribbon embroidery, doll dressing, crafts, and occasionally some home decorating projects. Martha's Sewing Room can be seen in 49 of the 50 states on your local PBS station."

She has a "Martha's Attic" that is quite popular with her followers, but I doubt if my little stash would qualify. What fun!

1 comment:

CreativeCraftworks said...

Hi, was wondering if you know about the reversible pattern for a pocketbook,by martha pullen, it was a freebie and a tutorial, one handle was longer than the other, and looped over the other so it would close. I saw a lady with it today, but that was all she could tell me, thank you so much, she couldnt remember the bag name.