Tuesday, November 29, 2005

Christmas 1971

My sister came through big time for us this year--1971. She made my daughter and me matching long housecoats out of a purple and pink print cotton quilted fabric, mandarin collar with pink buttons, and then she also knitted us matching pink slippers. I wore my robe almost 20 years before I completely wore through the fabric, and I think I have photos of Christmas 1973 where the cuffs are almost up to my daughter's elbows. Of course, I don't have the pattern for this, but I've searched the internet, and I think this is it.


It's not like she didn't have anything else to do but sew for my family! She had four children, a big house, volunteered, taught piano and enjoyed a very busy life. I don't think I ever even hemmed a hanky for her. All she got was this blog.

No comments: